Friday, September 16, 2011

30 Days of Peace: My Grass Is Green

This morning when I got out of my bed, I was totally overwhelmed by this feeling of, "no pressure, everything is good."  I got my Chloe all situated for school, the roads were clear, we were ON TIME (hehehe) and everything was actually good.

So when I sat down to blog about my peace so far, here was the scene.  Quiet, clean living room- sitting in the window, Nancy Wilson playing softly in the background and sipping my favorite coffee.  Then, the yard maintenance guys start cutting the grass.  Oh the glory, because that beautiful breeze lifted the smell right up to the window I was in, as if the entire reason for them cutting the grass was for me to have and enjoy that very moment.  How peaceful.  I closed my eyes, thanked my Creator, and typed this up.  Now, looking at the clock, I have to get ready to work- but my work is HARDLY work... I get to touch people all day, reminding them of how important it is to just be loved on, and give them just a small bit of the peace and love I felt this morning without even saying a word.  Not half bad, huh? Guess the grass is really greener because the Sun shines a little brighter on my side. ;)


No comments: