Friday, September 10, 2010

This DEST-In: Young Hot Mama Surprises Herself By Being Responsible!


Let me start like this. I would be banished from my sister circle if I disclosed the way we roll at our annual Big Girl Slumber Party. But I will say, the hostess definitely has the mostest. That is exactly why a few months ago, when she called to invite me on a mini vaycay in "early September" to Destin I was 120% on BOARD.


So fast forward to this week. For whatever reason, this week, the Sept 11th weekend is hardcore filled to the brim with activities!! I have 10 equally important events going on... Not to mention the fact that this marks week 3 of Chloe's pneumonia (which, by the way, is turning around pretty well now that I saw my herb doctor last week). But the phone rings anyway. All plans are in order... LadyHostest(with the)Mostest is ready to pull out this weekend. What is a mama to do??! Needless to say, my vaycay funds have definitely changed since I became a young hot mama of 2.. And my motto is always, "who's gonna mother the mother??" So imagine my want and need for a little R&R and grown up queen love. But here is what I did.

I GREW UP this morning!! Who knew!!? I was so shocked to hear myself tell my girls, "na, yall go on ahead without me this time, I have too much happening on my end this weekend..." HA! Now I know for sure that what I am really feeling in my heart manifests itself in my actions. Because, while I made every plan and excuse, and as my clothes were thrown into my favorite weekend bag, I knew this was just not a good weekend even for the most relaxing and inexpensive trip with the girls. I have much responsibility here with my children (who are still very small) and not to mention a few other obligations - like the Feed The People drive this Sunday, for which I signed up as a volunteer to make sandwiches and care packages for the homeless and ones in need. Today Im filled with gratitude that I have the strength and motivation to be a good, unselfish mommy, a responsible businesswoman, and a reliable friend to my people and my community. I have faith that my mothering will come.

So there u have it, LadyLovelyPeace's glass house. Look at all the cracked ornaments. LOL

1 comment:

hicksgirl93 said...

Growing up...it happens to the best of us!