Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cookin Exotic With All My Exoticness!


So anyone who knows me, knows that I have no place in the kitchen... Back in my heyday I could really foul up some Jiffy on any given attempt! When I got married, young... I decided my poor, sweet husband needed some good home cooked meals without having to drive all that way across town to either my mother or his mama's house. So I enrolled in small cooking classes, watched some demos, even employed some of my best buds to come teach me their favorite recipes. All to no avail. Everyone wasted time bc to this day, altho I have gotten a little better for the sake of the babies, I am still known to burn toast, and boil water wrong.


Needless to say, a few weeks ago I felt COMPLETELY inadequate and out of place during the cooking demo at Excumama and NaturiBeauty's With Mom In Mind. As a makeup artist and lover of all things fabulous, I was more concerned with the way her glam slam energy filled that kitchen and the end result-- VOILA! A glam meal set for Queens! It was a done deal in my head... I have to make this meal at home and eat like a Queen.. and my babies cant have any, bc its only for the Queen.. And I'll have it with wine bc I love wine and thats what Queens do- Whatever we want. In a fabulous way. As soon as my brochure (recipes from that event were enclosed) came in the mail, I sought out to get the ingredients at my local farmers mkt. Got my wine. I was good to go.

All the while, I knew I was gonna screw it up. But I didnt care. She was just too fabulous and Im fabulous and I was gonna make my Queen meal anyway! LOL Imagine my surprise when all that paying attention and following the directions to the letter paid off!!! The kitchen was a horrendous mess... but my mealll...... babaaaaayyy... it was slammin! And fit for any Queen!! I made Greek Pesto Swordfish Skewers, Cous Cous with Currants and Feta, and a Mandarin Cardamom Trifle. It was delicious!! I had it with my favorite Riesling, and it was a done deal. I did feel kinda bad about giving the little Princesses PB&J for dinner tho... Oh c'mon son!!! They asked for it! I just didnt put up the fight with them! Whats an exotic Queen to do?!

There u have it, glass house with open doors, the kitchen was hottt, the babies were fed, and LLP passed out full of exotic loveliness. And wine. Dont judge me. ;)



xoxox LLP

3 comments:

hicksgirl93 said...

I love it! You ate like a queen indeed!

Radical Selfie said...

YES! That looks delicious! Yes, babaaaaaaaayyyy, you clearly hooked it up and showed out in that kitchen!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.