Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Siggghhhh... I Think He Might Be Addicted To Me...



Here we are. Its been 9 years. 11 total. And I feel like I've known him forever, plus 1 day. We married relatively young... And here we are looking each other in the face. I cant say its been a walk in the park, especially more recently. Do you know what this man says to me after this 9 years of matrimony?? I'll tell u what this, this, MAN had the audacity to say to me.


He says:


Im addicted to you, Chante'.

Im addicted to my woman, and I cant lie.

I can't get her off my mind, so I dont try.

You see, Im addicted, because in her womb, she carried my seed.

And to have her by my side is all that I need.


Im addicted to your smell, your touch, your taste, and I cant get enough of that tresure between your legs that's right below your waist.

Im addicted.

And to other men, your body's gonna always be restricted.

And to the man that tries to violate this rule, to that man, serious pain will be inflicted.

Don't make me get wicked.

I told you when I started this poem that Im addicted.

Just one thought of you, Chante' and my spirits are lifted.

Im addicted when you're being rude.

Im addicted to your sassy ways.

Im addicted to your attitude, babe.

Im even addicted on your moody days.

Yes, Im addicted.


And I guess you can call me a fiend, but you see, Im not hooked on dope, Im hooked on my Queen.

And I dont mind being her King.

'Cause as far as Im concerned, she's my everything.

And to keep her near, I'll do anything.

Thats why I saved that money, and bought that big, old, pretty wedding ring.

You see, me and her together, we make one heck of a team.

I mean, Im the cornbread, she's the beans.

She's the peaches, I'm the cream.

Hell, I'll be the yo-yo, as long as she's on the other end of the string.

I guess what I was trying to say was that Im hooked to the extreme.

Just the sound of her voice, the touch of her skin, it makes me wanna sing.

And I cant even sing.

But the words of this poem cannot express the joy she brings.

You see, if you've ever been addicted, then you cant comprehend what I mean.

Im addicted.


Can you believe he would say something so sweet?? :o So after a beautiful dinner (that he prepared) and plenty of wine, we fell asleep talking about the past, present, and future... All the good things. :)

My glass house. Exposed once again. I dont mind, sharing makes it that much more real.

xoxox Peace n 1ove...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU MUST BE A SPECIAL WOMAN TO MAKE A MAN ADDICTED AFTER ALL THOSE YEARS.

The Food Relationship Coach™ said...

Yes girl yes!1!! Addicted! I love this poem and I love the fact that he doesn't mind being the yo-yo as long as you're on the other end of the string...!!!!! Beautiful :)