Tuesday, May 4, 2010

How World Fitness Day Changed My Perspective

So there we were. Workin it OUT! And when I say workin it out, I say BILLY BLANKS! Hello.


So there we were. Workin it out. Sweat. Photo op. Sweat. Photo op. And while I was taking pics and mental notes and tweeting between kick backs, it dawns on me. Small people, big people, skinny, fat, men, women, children, elderly, moderately sized, mamma, grandpop, sistas, white, indian, asian, well known, not so popular-- everyone was there, doing the same thing. And it was no big deal.


World Fit changed my thinking on two things. 1: Its time to get my exercise plan back up and running. 2: I take myself too seriously sometimes.


It takes realization to promote change. This is especially true within ourselves. So when the thoughts came down on me during World Fit, I felt at peace. Its time. For the past few months I have been self neglecting in order to make sure everyone else is ok. Now it is time to get back on track. What happened to my daily run? I have a free gym membership that I dont use. Although I have not been gaining weight, (I've actually lost 10 lbs), does that mean that I should no longer take my personal resolves seriously? I was never a fan of overly processed foods high in additives, preservatives, and scientifically engineered "edible" crap. So why have I been chompin on chips and other snacks that I usually walk away from? While I havent gone completely nuts, (I still visit my local farmers mkt and health food store bi-weekly), I have definately let daily exercise slip my grips. Its time to replace my new-found laziness with productive and much needed MOVEMENT!


The second thing: I take myself way too seriously. I do. It is ok to take yourself seriously. Where else are you gonna get self assurance? But taking self TOO seriously? Thats a problem, and for me, it is a problem that prevented my embracing blogging. I journal, bc some things are personal, writing to release is my drug of choice. But BLOGGING?? That takes grammar, some type of "blogger etiquitte"... I mean people would be READING it after all! But looking around World Fit, taking pics, I noticed no one cared that they were on the big screen, they actually cheered it on! No one cared if they were short, tall, moderately sized, overweight, or skinny as skinny gets! The body builders didnt care. Grammas, children, women, men-- they didnt care. They were there to exercise, have a good time and support a good cause. I have certainly learned my lesson! I have to learn to say "Lady, its just not even that SERIOUS!" Life is lovely when you can embrace it with open arms!


So from now on, you will catch me, on my blog... grammatical errors and all (sometimes, anyway), sharing the contents of my glass house.


For now: Peace n Love (Pursue Peace n Loveliness...)

cs LadyLovelyPeace

1 comment:

hicksgirl93 said...

That was so beautiful! it is wonderful when we can let go. Kudos!